Global Standards in Accredited Education & Exams ™
The World's Leader in Executive Professional Development ™
The GAFM ® Board is the 1st Certification Body to integrate double accredited business school education and exams for higher certification standards. GAFM ® owns the former AAFM ® Certifications and Programs
AAFM ® American Academy of Financial Management ®
AAFM ® CRA Chartered Risk Analyst - Manager Designation Curriculum
CRA ™ Chartered Risk Analyst - Manager Program
CRA Chartered Risk Analyst - Certification
CRA™ Course Overview
During this course you will explore the various risk exposures that may directly affect your organization. You will gain a clear understanding of up to the minute theories and systems for risk management and develop your own set of tools and techniques for combating risk within your own organization. This is an innovative course that has been specifically designed to highlight the importance of accurate risk assessment and risk mitigation.
By Attending This Practical And Informative Course, You Will:
• Use risk analysis as a key business driver
• Appreciate the benefits of accurate risk management
• Develop an integrated strategy for the identification, analysis, prioritization and mitigation of risk
• Comply with major risk management standards
• Successfully determine and avoid the common pitfalls in risk analysis
• Develop a comprehensive tool-kit for successful risk analysis that you can use immediately
Who should attend?
This highly practical course has been specifically designed for:
• Corporate Treasury Managers in banks and corporations
• Risk Managers/Analysts
• Finance Directors
• Financial Controllers
• Finance Managers
• Market Risk Staff
• Internal Auditors
Plus anyone who is responsible for analyzing company financial risk and dealing with the various risk exposures that may affect their organization
Benefits of Successful Completion of This Course and by Registration with AAFM - You Will:
Earn the right to use the post-nominal designation CRA™ on your business card and resumé
Receive a two year membership to the AAFM professional body
Gain access to the AAFM risk management network and body of information online
• Share in the experience of a leading risk expert from the American Academy Of Financial Management
• Enjoy preferred access to education centers in USA, Europe, Asia, Middle East and Latin America
• Receive access to the online Network and AAFM international journal
• Earn a gold embossed CRA™ Certification with your name and designation as a MAAFM (Member of the American Academy of Financial Management)
• Be able to show that you have completed graduate financial and risk management education and that you have substantial experience in risk assessment and management on a regional and global level
CRA™ Training Style
This course has been specifically designed to include presentation, practical exercises and highly interactive group sessions. You will earn the CRA™ certification on successful completion of the program and the associated assessment.
Certified Risk Analyst is a designation bearing professional qualification demonstrating you have achieved a level of professional excellence in both risk management theory and practice. Throughout the course you will explore the background to risk management, investigate the latest trends in risk theory and examine how you can make your organization more risk aware.
CRA Module One
An Introduction To Risk Management
An introduction to the concepts, theories and systems involved in modern day risk management methodologies, giving you a broad grasp and introduction to this intensive course.
• What is risk and why worry about it?
• What are the key risk types?
• The evolution of risk management thinking
• Risk principles
• Overview of current and future risk management issues
• Enterprise wide risk management
• Integrated and holistic risk management principles
• Application and implementation within an organization
• The risk culture versus the risk process
Exercise – Risk Register
This section will introduce you to the concept of risk identification and the construction techniques for the establishment of a risk register. The risk register is the fundamental building block for risk identification process and the eventual management of risk within an organization.
CRA Module Two
Module Two discusses and practices the significant risk issues identified during Module One. This section allows you to identify and discuss the major risk categories facing businesses today. In addition, the course leader will introduce you to various tools and techniques that allow for the identification and management of risk. You will develop a toolkit based on simulations and tool sets which will help you in evaluating risk and effectively determining risk strategies.
Risk Exposures And Major Categories
Correct risk management requires an iterative process that allows for the identification of exposures within a corporate setting. The process must be rigorous and subject to review. The key task in the process is the contextualization of the risks faced and implementation of protective measures to ensure resilience within an organization.
Categories Of Risk
• Market risk management and market influences
• Liquidity and volatility
• Interest rates
• Foreign exchange
• Operational risk
• Liquidity risk
• Solvency risk
Tools For Identification And Management
• Value at Risk (VaR) – calculation and use
• The concept of hedging
• Use of synthetics and markets
• Portfolio management as a risk tool
• Stress testing
• Risk models discussion and overview
You will examine and comment on case studies to enhance your ability to identify risk and develop appropriate strategies. Individual and group exercises will be practiced.
CRA Module Three
Operational Risk Management
What is operational risk and how can your business monitor and protect itself from this risk? How do we capture data from across the enterprise to identify these internally focused risks?
• Basel and the development of operational risk
• The three pillars of management
• Capital allocation for operational risk management techniques
• Capital allocation models
• Monitoring operational risk
• Quantifying operational risk
• Data issues and knowledge management
You will examine and comment on case studies to enhance your ability to identify risk and develop appropriate strategies.
CRA Module Four
Strategic Risk Management
• The families of risk
• Strategic versus operational, versus tactical risk
• Understanding and applying risk management within your organization
Political And Sovereign Risk
• What are these risks and how do they manifest?
• Why monitor this risk?
• Measuring political and sovereign risk
• Practical effects of political and sovereign risk
• International implications of risk management
Risk Linkages And Value Added
• Broad corporate, enterprise and market risk factors that impact operations, governance and compliance requirements
• Business continuity management
• Quality management
• Corporate governance
Identifying And Implementing Risk Standards
Do you truly understand your organization’s risk profile? To protect your organization from risk is one issue. Finding a balance between being risk-averse – which can materially constrain your operation versus being so high risk that you expose your organization to potentially devastating scenarios, is quite another!
Risk, reward and regret
The gulf between data and wisdom
Review of world standards
- UK – Europe - USA
- Other global standards
You will examine and comment on a case study presented within a structured setting and solutions will be offered.
CRA Module Five
The final module encompasses issues from the four previous modules into a workshop learning model. You will finalize your model risk register and toolkit.
Practical Assessment Exercises
Tasks will be issued on an individual and team basis that will confirm your skills and ability to apply risk management techniques. Exercises will consist of team discussion of case studies and individual comments on practical risk problems. Successful completion of this phase will comply with the certification requirements of AAFM, which on registration, leads to award the of the CRA designation.
Review, Course Summary And Close
Under an agreement with the Law School , graduates of qualified accredited programs may apply directly for certification. See LLM Program http://llmprogram.org/aafm.html
Under an agreement with the Business School Accreditation Agency, graduates of qualified accredited business degree courses, exams and programs may apply directly for certification review. See ACBSP Press Release
Warning: The unauthorized reproduction or distribution of this copyrighted work is illegal. Criminal copyright infringement, including infringement without monetary gain, is investigated by the FBI and is punishable by up to five years in federal prison and a fine of $250,000.